Thursday, February 16, 2017

Research journal 3

National Abuse - https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/misuse-prescription-drugs/summary Theory It relates to my research question due to the fact that it covers why prescription drugs can be dangerous and it what cases this is so. As well as it what cases they are safe or worth using despite the risks. This could be used in my literature review to summarize the reasons why prescription drugs are still legal and shouldn't be as banned as most people think. I found it interesting the differences in prescription drug use when applied to a pregnant woman when compared to someone else and how the drugs that should be used differ. http://www.rehabs.com/explore/prescription-drug-abuse-statistics/ Case Control This is relevant because it is more on the other side when compared to my previous source in that it shows without a doubt why these type prescription drugs are very deadly and not worth being taken. This could be used in my literature review to stare all the numbers and statistics as far as death and misuse of prescription drugs goes. I found it very interesting to discover that 90% of prescription drug addiction starts in someones teenage years. http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/prescription-drugs.html phenomenology This is used in the video to show a persons side effects as well as final outcome from using prescription drugs I could use this in my literature review to show the more mild side effects that it has on a person brain as well as personality. I found it interesting that most of these teenagers don't intend on taking these drugs recreationally at first or at all, but it happens after being prescribed it because they don't know better. https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/prescription-over-counter-medications Practice This is used to show not only the brain damaging effects of prescription drugs but mainly focuses on the amounts often taken being more than is intended which causes the dangerous effects. I could use this in my literature review to justify why prescription drugs are still needed although when used wrong are still deadly. I found it interesting that this claims that adderall has no cognitive increases in ability when used by someone that isn't already impaired in this area. https://teens.drugabuse.gov/drug-facts/prescription-drugs Policy This is relevant in that it could it categorizes each drug as well as it's effects. This could be used in my literature review to help show which drugs belong to which category to help recognize the ones that are supposedly safe but being that they are in the same category as other dangerous ones, should still b used with caution. I found it interesting to read about some of these street names for prescription drugs that i had heard before but didn't realize what drug it was. I can't get my Audio to work

No comments:

Post a Comment